Title: The Suitcase of Happyness
Author: Mark Jaffe
Genre: Nonfiction, Self Help, Inspirational
Date of Publication: May 26, 2016
Publishing House: Cool Breeze Press
Goodreads Rating: 4.40
My Personal Rating: 5 out of 5
The Suitcase of Happyness is a roadmap to achieve and enjoy your happiest life. Yes, the word is really spelled out that way; you have to read it to find out why. I received this copy in exchange for an honest and fair review. Mr. Mark Jaffe is a former senior executive at The Walt Disney Company and he has spent many years of his life creating and collecting all happy moments. To say that this book inspired and empowered me is an understatement! This book definitely nailed it when it comes to changing my current view with regards to life and HAPPYNESS.
The moment Miss Ayla sent me an email asking me if I would be interested in reviewing this book, I already knew that I would really love to do it. The title itself made me eager and excited. I honestly looked forward to the day that it will finally arrive. I know that I personally need this book in my life the first time that I was able to hold it. I was so sad during that time because we recently moved here without the kids. I was having a really hard time because of all the adjustments that we (Knate and I) have to make. This book helped me a lot. I was happy that I get to know Mr. Jaffe personally (sort of). It contains a lot of lessons based on his personal experiences. Success, failures, etc.; all of which became a huge part of his life and created the person he is today. I was really glad that I read it. I made a lot of realizations and reflections. I will also start making my own collection of happy moments just like him. I will write them down, I will put them in a jar, and when I grow old I want to read them and look back.
Life is good, we should always be thankful.
Just a brief overview of what he said, there are 10 pathways to happiness and they are:
1) The rule of “YES”. Happyness don’t occur on its own, it is created. We just have to say YES.
2) The power of “PASSION”. Passion multiplies whatever it touches.
3) The excitement of “DISCOVERY”. Always live your life as if you are on a VACATION.
4) The magic of “SIMPLICITY”. The happiest moments are the EASIEST to find.
5) The delight of “PLAY”. Play gives pleasure, and pleasure creates HAPPYNESS,
6) The joy of “CONNECTION”. HAPPYNESS is nothing if we don’t SHARE it.
7) The elation of “LAUGHTER”. Laughter always makes us HAPPIER.
8) The gift of “GRATITUDE”. Gratitude is a window in which we see, feel, and appreciate HAPPYNESS.
9) The serenity of “PEACE”. Enjoying the “peace” of a moment doesn’t mean that you have to forget your existing problems. They coexist with each other.
10) The creation of “MEANING”. By creating a meaning in your life, HAPPYNESS comes.
Find these interesting? YES. They are, indeed. This book is 5 out of 5. It empowers you, it helps you, and it definitely opens your eyes.
Thank You, Mr. Mark Jaffe.
You can purchase the book HERE.